[digiKam-users] Can you open images using RAW metadata from Adobe Camera RAW and Bridge

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 15 17:48:13 GMT 2018

On jeudi 15 mars 2018 18:37:57 CET tcnews wrote:
> March 15, 2018
>
> Hello:
>
> I have several thousand camera raw files that I have processed using the
> Adobe Camera RAW plug-in and Adobe Bridge. (Adobe Bridge CS6) Is there a way
> to open these files with Digikam and retain the Adobe settings (and if need
> be alter them)?
>
> Thank you,
>
> TC
If those settings are stored in XMP sidecar files, they should be retained. So
you should be able to rework the files with the Adobe programs. I know that
this works for the Digikam/Darktable combination under Linux.

But there is NO way to use or alter those settings from within Digikam: each
raw processor/editor has its own algorithms and parameter definitions, and
often there is no way to translate parameters from one algorithm to another.
So using edit parameters from another program is difficult or impossible.

But, as digikam's editor requires you to save the result in a new file (png,
tiff, jpeg, ...), you could export all your Adobe-treated files to such a
format, and then you can modify them with digikam's editor.

Remco