[digiKam-users] Versioning of processed photos

NeiNei neinei at gmx.net
Wed Mar 14 07:44:55 GMT 2018

Hi there,

thanks Marcel for bringing light on this functionality. I was not aware
on this backed function at all.

However, I think it would be better than the situation now. At the
moment, I change the name of my external edited/manipulated images with
adding  a "_v1", "_v2", ... to their file names, so that I could
differentiate it in in DigiKam, i.e. file 2244.jpg is the original file
and then 2244_v1.jpg is the externally manipulated file.

But it would be really an advantage if the versioning could be done in
DigiKam itself with just the information "x25 externally
edited/manipulated image, derived from original image x24".

Perhaps bringing this "hidden functionality" to the Digikam frontend
would be an option for DK 5.9 or DK 6?