[digiKam-users] Is changing the date of a photo a destructive process?

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 14:30:26 GMT 2018

So I want to correct the date to a bunch of pictures. If use the metadata
editor on the tools panel, I can just change it one by one. If I want to
process several at a time, I use the Batch Queue Manager.

By default, the Batch Queue Manager does not overwrite pictures, you have to
actively check that option, and there's also a whole "Saving images" tab
dealing with JPG quality and that kind of stuff.

My question is: If I am just changing the date of a group of JPG pictures,
do they lose quality every time a change is made, or the batch queue manager
just changes the metadata and leaves the picture intact?