[digiKam-users] [digikam] openCV problem

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 11 13:54:39 GMT 2018

On dimanche 11 mars 2018 11:29:53 CET Jürgen Blumenschein wrote:
> After upgrading to opencv 3.4.1-1 I've got the error message
>
> symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libopencv_core.so.3.4: undefined symbol:
> _ZN3tbb10interface78internal15task_arena_base24internal_max_concurrencyEPKNS
> 0_10task_arenaE
>
> downgrading to opencv 3.4.0-2 solved the problem (archlinux)
>
> Jürgen

Typical symptom of a version mismatch. Either the newer version changed the
signature of the funtion, or the compiler (settings) changed.

That name you see is the compiler-mangled version of the function name. And
C++ compilers have to use mangled names, as they have to be able to
distinguish function overloads (funtions with the same name, but different
parameters). If the compiler mangles the name differently (for whatever reason,
even some command line options can cause it), you'll get such errors.

Remco