[digiKam-users] digikam does not read GPS from XMP of Aperture Export

aj1575 andri at mac.com
Thu Mar 1 20:50:38 GMT 2018

I plan to move from Aperture to digikam. But there is serious problem.
DigiKam does not read the GPS information from XMP files exported from
Aperture.
I use the Aperture Exporter from the App Store. In JPEGs the information is
included, but in RAW/JPEG pairs, the information os written to an XMP file.
When I open the XMP, I can see the GPS information, but when I open the pic
in digikam, it does not display it on the map.

Anybody else with that problem, or is there a know solution, or is it a
known problem without a solution?

I could send the xmp file, if someone likes to take a look at it.

Thanks for any help.