[digiKam-users] Digikam won't rotate .mov video

ralphl lachenmaier at mchsi.com
Thu Mar 1 01:47:27 GMT 2018

I am running Digikam 5.9.0 (the appimage) on Xubuntu 17.04.  Some of the
videos I have from an iphone are landscape mode .mov files.  Digikam will
rotate the thumbnail, but won't rotate the video.  VLC rotates the video
automatically so I know there is something in the video to say portrait or
landscape.  I see older items in this forum about this subject, but some of
them indicated the problem is fixed.  Is this still a problem, or am I doing
something wrong????
Thanks,
Ralph