[digiKam-users] Search for files

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Sat Jun 9 11:13:07 BST 2018

On 08.06.2018 20:29, digikam at 911networks.com wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 20:20:34 +0200
> Remco Viƫtor <remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
>> On vendredi 8 juin 2018 20:01:14 CEST digikam at 911networks.com wrote:
>>> DK 5.9.0 appimage
>>>
>>> How can search for the images whose name contains:
>>>
>>> 7070 OR 1388 OR 2263
>>>
>>> https://i.imgur.com/XVYI8Sf.png
>>  add a search group? Not sure Digikam does regexs
>>
>> emoclew
>>

> I just googled search groups in DK and I don't think that's going to
> work for me.
>
> I need to search for 568 files without much pattern. I just have the
> list of the files: img_7070, img_1388, dscf2283....

Hi,

I just tested this with digikam-5.9.0 AppImage on Linux. It is a bit
complicated, but it works:

1. open search sidebar
2. click "Advanced Search..."
3. reset the current search with the reset button on the lower left
4. open search criterion "File, Album, Tags"
5. write "7070" in the input box for "File Name"
6. on the lower left, click button "Add Search Group"
7. select shure, both search groups are connected via "OR" (not "AND", "OR"
   seems to be default)
8. open search criterion "File, Album, Tags" in the new search group (below the
   first one)
9. write "1388" in the input box for "File Name" of this new search group
10. click once again the button "Add Search Group" in the lower left
11. open search criterion "File, Album, Tags" in the new search group (below the
    first one)
12. write "2263" in the input box for "File Name" of this new search group
13. start the search with "OK" button on the lower right

Hope, that helps.

Regards,
	Peter