[digiKam-users] Best way to move collection from internal to external hard drive

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 02:03:01 BST 2018

I think the best way to do that is to write metadata to sidecar files. Otherwise digikam will see images on Linux e.g. /home/user/my-precious-pictures/ as different images because they will be in c:\users\user\my-precious-pictures on Windows. Just my thoughts though.

I would tick these boxes in settings - metadata:
[x] Read from sidecars
[x] Write to sidecars

Thanks,
Andrey