[digiKam-users] Best way to move collection from internal to external hard drive

Julien Coubronne julien at coubronne.net
Sun Jul 8 19:01:24 BST 2018

Hello,

Using Digikam on Windows, my database is on my "system" drive (C:/) and
most of my pictures on an internal (2 Tera) hard drive (D:/).

I would like to move this collection on an external hard drive (USB),
with the aim of being able to "share" this drive back and forth between
two computers (i.e. use this drive with Digikam on two different
computers, one running windows, the other one linux).

My aim is to ensure that everytime I switch computer, the changes (in
structure and in metadata) are kept.

What would be the best way to achieve this ?

Thanks for your help.
Julien