[digiKam-users] migrating to internal MySQL

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:32:19 BST 2018

The internal server must already be started when you open the migration
dialog. So you have to set up an internal server already in the digiKam
settings. digiKam can only manage one internal server. Do not confuse internal
server with a local MySQL server. The local MySQL server is set up as a remote
one, just with localhost or 127.0.0.1 as the address. The internal server in
digiKam launches another SQL server on your computer, which will also be
stopped when you exit digiKam. However, if the internal server is located on
an SSD, is connected over the socket file, is this the fastest database.

Maik