[digiKam-users] migrating to internal MySQL

karsten_df karsten.defreese at posteo.de
Thu Jul 5 10:47:15 BST 2018

Ok, so I tried the migration (using the 5.9.0 AppImage on Tumbleweed).
I created a directory with full access to 'other' and pointed to this for
the database directory.
mysql_install_db and mysqld also seem to be pointed to correctly.
On starting the migration, an error notification pops up: "Internal server
is not used and is not active!"
(There is also already a mysql server installed on my machine independently
of digikam, however it makes no difference if this is running or stopped).

Does this work with the installed version of digikam only?
(I'm not using this currently due to the issue described in
http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digiKam-users-Renaming-a-folder-does-not-work-tp4705322.html)

Karsten

Maik Qualmann wrote