[digiKam-users] Dealing with changing albim root

g257 g73500 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 13:29:47 BST 2018

In the digikam4.db there is a albumroots table with 'identifier' holding the
'volumeid' as a UUID and the 'specificPath' with the path to the photos.
It's that that I changed. (At no stage did I enter the UUID, it was
obviously read from the disc itself)
But just running digiKam I couldn't see any method to change that data. It
seemed to have a collection present but I couldn't see a way to change its
data from within the program; if I added a new collection with the now
correct file path it just processed that and there didn't appear to be a way
to ask it to import the data and tags from the old data (obviously the file
names were the same but the path wasn't).
How did you migrate your data, if I may ask ?

graham