All albums are removed if there is a network disconnection

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 30 17:24:11 GMT 2018

On windows: I disabled the database cleanup option, restarted Digikam, and
disconnected the wifi network. Same result, all albums just disappeared in a
few seconds. I also disabled the option to scan at startup, with same
outcome. These two options do not make a difference in this behavior.

On my linux machine, running ubuntu 16.043 LTS and Digikam 5.8.0 (using the
appimage file, since the PPA is not updated), with the same conditions
(source as shared folder, explore and clean database at startup, and SQLite
db stored locally at /home/username/Images/), I waited until it started
scanning new folders... I disconnected the wifi... and nothing. Nothing
happened, the albums are still there, unaffected. If I turn on the wifi
again, the scan continues, with no error messages whatsoever.

So it seems this bug only affects the windows version.

PS: Btw, one bug I found in the linux release: the font size option is not
applied until you enter and exit the configuration menu in digikam, and
needs to be done every time, which is annoying.