All albums are removed if there is a network disconnection

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 16:45:33 GMT 2018

You can also try turning off the database cleanup option if possible and try againĀ

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: woenx <marcpalaus at hotmail.com> Date: 2018-01-30  9:37 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: Re: All albums are removed if there is a network disconnection
Yes, I am using windows 10 (64 bit). I have another laptop with Ubuntu, so I
could try as well if a console output is required.

I store the database using SQLite, I just used the default option during the
installation. The database is stored locally at
"C:\Users\myusername\Pictures". Pictures are in a network share (using samba
in a Debian server), but the database is in the local hard drive. The
options to explore the folders at startup and to clean the database are
activated in the configuration menu.

I just replicated this behavior. Digikam was scanning new folders (in three
network shared collections), I deactivated the wifi network (the only one)
and after 10-15 seconds, all albums disappeared from Digikam, without
showing any notification. I will try now with my Ubuntu computer and with a
console output. I'll post the results later.

If you need me to run some additional tests, I can just backup my current
progress and do it.