Displaying albums/pictures on the fly while scanning for new photos

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 27 13:37:52 GMT 2018

Hello,

I am a former Picasa user who now decided to try DigiKam. I have several
picture collections stored in network shares (where several family members
store their photos), so scanning the whole collections is a slow process.

The thing is, I added one of these collections in Digikam, and now it has
started scanning for new elements, and as I expected, it is slow (I don't
mind, I can leave it overnight). My question is: Is it possible to display
the albums and pictures on the fly as they are scanned, in the albums
section? That was a feature of Picasa that made long loading times more
bearable, as you could start tagging/editing some pictures while other
folders were being scanned.

Thanks for your time, and congrats for this great piece of software.