Digikam 5.8.0 64 bit on Windows 7 64 bit - no main window appears

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Wed Jan 24 19:09:13 GMT 2018

I have reinstalled twice and am still seeing this problem, 5.7.0 ran OK
on the same machine.

The splash screen appears, the blue dots move across and reach 'loading
themes' then the splash screen disappears but I see no main window.
Digikam is not showing in the applications list and there is no digikam
process in the task manager list.

I have not made any changes to the installation beyond simply
installing the new version.

I have tried starting digikam in a command prompt window, it simply
stops with no debug output appearing.

Any thoughts?

The same installer works fine on my Windows 10 laptop at home, but not
on my work machine (centrally managed, mostly).

--

Brian Morrison