Impossible to install digikam 5.8.0 as low privilege user on MS Windows 10

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 14:42:51 GMT 2018

So you are saying digikam.exe is a nasty virus? :) Just kidding.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Remco Viƫtor <remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr> Date: 2018-01-24  7:27 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: Impossible to install digikam 5.8.0 as low privilege user on MS Windows 10
On mercredi 24 janvier 2018 13:51:49 CET Andrey Goreev wrote:
> Can't you install digikam on a Windows machine at home or in a virtual
> machine and then copy the directory from c:\program files of that machine
> to a USB drive and then bring it to your office and copy digikam to your
> user directory?

That might be against the IT policies of his employer, violation of which can
be a valid reason to fire him.

There's usually a good reason you're not allowed to install programs at work:
I can't count the number of viruses and other rubbish we got through the
installation of screen-savers (of all things...) that some thought interesting
to install on work machines (for common use). To be fair, that was about 15
years ago.

And if he is the boss, he could tell his IT staff to install Digikam :P

Remco