DigiKam 5.8: AVCHD (.mts) video thumbnails missing

NeiNei neinei at gmx.net
Wed Jan 24 09:34:43 GMT 2018

Thanks for the feedback and further details.

Meanwhile I did some research on the missing QtAV on the Ubuntu
derivatives. It seems so that QtAV support will be part of the Ubuntu
derivatives from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic) onward. See:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=qtav&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
Whether there will be any backport to Xenial seems to be unclear.

So, as long there is no official QtAV support on the *bunut Xenial
platform I could not expect Video support in a native DigiKam 5.8
package on these platforms or I have to switch to one of the
alternatives Remco mentioned below. I found with Gecko Linux (an
OpenSuse Spin) and OpenSuse two distros which already offer QtQV support.

Thanks for helping me to find out these details,
NeiNei