5.7.0 crash when tagging

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 17:55:00 GMT 2018

It does not look like a digikam issue.Digikam appimage runs well on Mint MATE which is same thing as Ubuntu MATE.I think you open digikam 4.12 because you call digikam not digikam5. Try opening terminal and type digikam5. It is also useful to run digikam with gdb which will allow you to get back traces on crash. Make sure gdb is installed in your system.
Or simply download the digikam appimage.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: antipodesman <mcfetridge at shaw.ca> Date: 2018-01-22  10:15 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: Re: 5.7.0 crash when tagging
I am a new user of digikam.  My operating system is Ubuntu Mate 16.04.  I
installed ver. 5.5 recently and began to use it and learn about the
features.  I have fewer than 2000 images so far.  While working with the
tags manager the screen locked without an error message.  I was forced to do
a hard boot.  On restart digikam could not connect to the database.  Also it
reverted to an older version 4.2.  WTF . . . do I need to give up on digikam
and find another application.  That would be sad.

digikam-2 wrote