5.7.0 crash when tagging

antipodesman mcfetridge at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 22 17:15:19 GMT 2018

I am a new user of digikam.  My operating system is Ubuntu Mate 16.04.  I
installed ver. 5.5 recently and began to use it and learn about the
features.  I have fewer than 2000 images so far.  While working with the
tags manager the screen locked without an error message.  I was forced to do
a hard boot.  On restart digikam could not connect to the database.  Also it
reverted to an older version 4.2.  WTF . . . do I need to give up on digikam
and find another application.  That would be sad.

digikam-2 wrote