Unable to export to remote storage

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 23:04:44 GMT 2018

Do you have kipi plugins 5 installed ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: lachenmaier <lachenmaier at mchsi.com> Date: 2018-01-05  3:53 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: Re: Unable to export to remote storage
I am running 5.7.0 (appimage) on Xubuntu 17.04.  The option for saving in remote storage doesn't even come up in my Export menu.  If I go to Settings>Configure Digikam>Plugins, I can see the desired plugin "Remote Storage Export, Import", but it apparently did not get installed.  This is one of several major problems for me, but I did find a workaround.  Install GwenView.  It can open all the same folders that DigiKam can, and the Export to remote storage works fine for me.  However, I don't export to a remote computer.  I just export to disk drives.

Now if I could just find a way to export the files in a Presentation List.............
Hope this helps somebody.
Ralph