[digiKam-users] raw edition: defalt objective not recognize

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 10:40:58 GMT 2018

It's simple : the lens database from LensFun library take age. In fact
LensFun still frozen to last stable while bundle are created : 0.3.2

I talk with Lensfun team in project forum, to have an update of the
library, but sound like the code have been re-written indeed and is not yet
enough mature. The problem is : 0.3.2 release date come from 2015...

There is a file in bugzilla to update the lens database independently of
source code. I don't yet investigate this solution.

But you have a technical solution, already talk in this room: put the Lens
database update (XML files) in your home directory (in a specific
directory), and run digiKam. It will try to open files and work with it as
well.

Sourceforge Lensfun project file is unavailable now, so i cannot point to
the right page about the details of a local database.