[digiKam-users] Use file dialogs from the system doesn't seem to be working

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 18:25:09 GMT 2018

Thanks Maik
I am actually experimenting with a very minimal KDE install so I probably need to install some extra packages to make it work.For example,  Album - Open in File Browser isn't working either. The error says some kioslave packages missing but if I search for kioslave in synaptic it only finds few packages and they are installed.
I will try your suggestion later. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Maik Qualmann <metzpinguin at gmail.com> Date: 2018-02-24  11:20 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: [digiKam-users] Use file dialogs from the system doesn't seem to be working
The option "Use File Dialogs from the system" is only for the file dialogs.
This option also does not work in the AppImage, the platform plugins can not
be compiled because of dependencies (KIO, GTK). Your problem is different. You
can try running "kbuildsycoca5" in the console and see if the problem is
resolved.

Maik