[digiKam-users] [digiKam] Facebook integration with 5.9 (beta), Fuse issue

Tac Tacelosky tacman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 22:13:05 GMT 2018

I'm getting

tac at tac-xps13:~/Downloads$  ./digikam-5.9.0-20180217T042939-i386.appimage
dlopen(): error loading libfuse.so.2

AppImages require FUSE to run.
You might still be able to extract the contents of this AppImage
if you run it with the --appimage-extract option.
See https://github.com/AppImage/AppImageKit/wiki/FUSE
for more information

When I run it with --appimage-extract, a bunch of files are extracted, but
nothing happens, it just ends:

TODO: Implement inode.base.inode_type 10
squashfs-root/usr/share/showfoto/breeze.rcc
TODO: Implement inode.base.inode_type 10
squashfs-root/usr/share/showfoto/data
squashfs-root/usr/share/showfoto/data/banner-showfoto.png
squashfs-root/usr/share/showfoto/data/logo-showfoto.png
squashfs-root/usr/share/showfoto/data/splash-showfoto.png
squashfs-root/usr/share/solid
squashfs-root/usr/share/solid/actions
squashfs-root/usr/share/solid/actions/digikam-opencamera.desktop
tac at tac-xps13:~/Downloads$

I've followed the instructions on the github issue, too.

Although I've been using Ubuntu for a while, these permissions, mounting
and group issues make me feel like a newbie!

Tac

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 4:05 PM, Andrey Goreev <aegoreev at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you get this error:
>
> # fuse: failed to exec fusermount: Permission denied
>
> check permissions of /usr/bin/fusermount:
>
> # ls -lah /usr/bin/fusermount
>
> If the output looks like this:
>
> # -rwsr-x--- 1 root root 31K Jul 17 05:18 /usr/bin/fusermount
>
> then run this command:
>
> # sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/fusermount
>
> to make permissions loke like this:
>
> # ls -lah /usr/bin/fusermount
> # -rwsr-x--x 1 root root 31K Jul 17 05:18 /usr/bin/fusermount
>
> Best regards,
>
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 2:01 PM, Tac Tacelosky <tacman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks -- will 5.9 release require fuse?  If so, can you add more
>> instructions, I've followed what I can, but am still stuck.  The other
>> missing dependency (in 5.8) was actually pretty easy to install.

>>> The fuse component is used internally by AppImage to decompress and
>>> mount quickly in user sapce the virtual disk from the bundle.
>>>
>>> If i'm not too wrong, fuse right is managed by user properties. Your
>>> account must be listed in fuse group from the system. This is how i use
>>> Kate AppImage 32 bits compiled by myself to use on embeded Linux CentOS 6
>>> in my office. Typically, the account is just add to fuse group in
>>> /etc/groups. You must to be un-logged to see the changes take effect.

>>> The Facebook tool must be ported to OAuth2 to automatize the
>>> identification. We will have a student working on this project while this
>>> summer. He will also ports others webservice tools to OAuth2, as Google for