[DigiKam] Export to Directory? (then to Facebook)

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 14:49:00 GMT 2018

I just drag'n'drop from digikam window to a web browser. Works in KDE. I bet some light weight desktop environments do not support drag'n'drop though.
If you want to copy files you can always right click - copy to album. Album in digikam is just a folder.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Tac Tacelosky <tacman at gmail.com> Date: 2018-02-21  7:09 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: [DigiKam] Export to Directory? (then to Facebook)
Since I can't get any of the exports to work, I'm wondering if there's a way to simply export selected files to a directory, then I can use some other tools to export the files in a local directory to wherever they're going.
My use case:  I've select a handful of the many photos I've taken on a particular day, added a description, and now want to post them to Facebook.  Since "Export to Facebook" doesn't work, I'm thinking I can simply save them to a temporary directory and manually upload them to Facebook.
I could add them to a queue, then configure the queue to re-render the photos to another directory, but if they're already JPEG, I don't want to re-render them.  I'm thinking an "Export to Folder" would simply take the selected images and copy them to folder.
Plus, aren't queues really used for batch conversion of RAW files?  Definitely doesn't feel right.
Suggestions on going forward?   I quite like DigiKam for tagging photos and adding other metadata, but I'd really like to be able to post selected photos to Facebook and Flickr with that metadata.
Thanks,
Tac