How to compare two albums?

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Fri Feb 9 13:07:38 GMT 2018

Hi Christian,

another trick, which I use sometimes in digiKam 4.4.0 (but I guess this will
work in your digiKam version, too):
Seeing the results of your search (thumbnails) in the main middle view of
digiKam, you can hit CTRL+A to select all photos of the search result. Then hit
CTRL+C. This will copy a list of all selected files to the clipboard:

  file:///home/user/pictures/myPic001.jpg
  file:///home/user/pictures/myPic002.jpg
  file:///home/user/pictures/myPic003.jpg
  file:///home/user/pictures/myPic004.jpg

You can paste this in a texteditor and compare this textfile to another textfile
created by another search result or album view. I guess Meld
(http://meldmerge.org/) will be a good choice to compare textfiles.
(Thanks Marie-Noƫlle for this recommendation.)

Regards,
	Peter