[digiKam-users] Crash when entering Captions. Version 5.9.0

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 14:55:26 GMT 2018

Hi,

Unfortunatly, it's difficult to verify where the code crash under Windows
using 5.9.0 release. There is no crash handler with this release under
Windows.

This have been improved with next 6.0.0, which still in beta stage for the
moment. The DrMinGW crash handler have been add an now, we can see a crash
backtrace as well without to use an extra software to debug. It's easy to
see where the dysfunction appear in source code.

So, i recommend to test with the last DK 6.0.0-beta3 installer available
here :

https://files.kde.org/digikam/

Note that 6.0.0 introduce changes in database schema which will make the
tables not compatible with 5.9.0 later. So please make a database backup
before to try 6.0.0.

Best

Gilles Caulier