[digiKam-users] Corrupted digikam database repair - easy solution?

zwyklydigikam epifenomen2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:09:38 GMT 2018

Thank you for all the answers.
I will think about sidecar files, looks nice, but now i want to know what is
going on with my internal mysql.

New problem, or maybe just new information about my problem.

I've installed 6.0.0 beta3. Didnt help, cant migrate database, some errors,
dunno how to dump file, i'm not good with databases.
So i've installed new DK beta3, mariadb 10.3.10 and started creating fresh
new database from begining, all fresh.
Started finding new elements in my 170k images folder about 16:00 i think
(first start). At 23:30 it was 70%, so i left over night.
Now it's done (morning right now) but in windows log i've found 3 errors:

Aborted connection 15 to db: 'digikam' user: 'root' host: '' (Got timeout
reading communication packets)
Aborted connection 16 to db: 'digikam' user: 'root' host: '' (Got timeout
reading communication packets)
Aborted connection 11 to db: 'digikam' user: 'root' host: '' (Got timeout
reading communication packets)

I tought, maybe it just lost connection afer creating, maybe it'snothing
bad, but when i closed digikam, and started again, i got hundreds of errors
from my first post again:

"
InnoDB: Page [page id: space=0, page number=7] log sequence number 914615999
is in the future! Current system log sequence number 1631253.
InnoDB: Your database may be corrupt or you may have copied the InnoDB
tablespace but not the InnoDB log files. Please refer to
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/xtradbinnodb-recovery-modes/ for
information about forcing recovery.
"
Whats wrong? Is it digikam? mariadb? Config files? I can work in DG as
usual, just lots of errors in windows event viewer like before, and cannot
pick mysql.exe files in configuration (it doesnt save like before).

And BTW one more different question.
Why my CPU uses 5-20% max when creating database or thumbnails? My HDD is
25%-30% used. Do i have to set up enything to use my full hardware power?
With SQLite uses max 5% cpu, and 15% HDD.
CPU G4600 12g RAM 150mb HDD W10.64

Thank you!