[digiKam-users] V6 appimage on Linux 64bit issue with single click

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Wed Dec 12 16:26:20 GMT 2018

I downloaded the latest today and ran it on my openSUSE Tumbleweed 64
bit system.

I do not like the fact that it does not work like V5 in that I can only
single click on the image to go to a preview. In the past this had to be
a double click in line with my set up in KDE, yes I can select using the
text area but in my view all KDE applications must obey the system
settings and I have single click to select and double click to open or
activate. Also I find that if I change the setting for Thumbnail Click
Action to start Image editor I now need to double click to start the
Image editor, this makes no sense and is counter-intuitive.

This all worked well and logically in V5 in that it needed a double
click for preview or to start the editor.

Please change this back so it follows the KDE settings or at least
provide an option for doing this, to overrule KDE settings is not in my
view acceptable. Currently digikam is the only application I have which
overrules the KDE settings.

One final point is that running the appimage V6 has messed up my icons
in V5 and no longer uses my system settings! In order to get back my
Oxygen icons I had to remove the [Icons]Theme= that V6 added back and
set the Icon Theme=oxygen again. I fail to understand why a new version
messes with stuff like this in the digikamrc file which should be
preserved between releases.

Stuart
--
Website: https://www.stella-maris.org.uk