[digiKam-users] Anyone with a +300K photos internal mysql database?

Rafael Linux rafael.linux.user at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 00:44:45 BST 2018

Digikam-2, your problem was not the same that I have. In your case, any
Digikam I/O process should be a headache, cause was related with the hard
disk. But it's not my case. All hardware is new and I watch out for
hardware/software issues before tell something here. My case only happens
when Digikam needs to make some specific internal processes: In the startup
(while showing splash screen) and each time I reorder elements in a folder.
In fact, I begin to believe that maybe the same issue is in background.
Maybe when Digikam is loading, makes some kind or sorting. The same that we
can do in any album and in my case takes anormal time.

leoutation, as I said, mySQL is near idle on these cases, so is not the
source of issues. However, Digikam fire up to 100% of CPU use during that
lapse of time. Thank you for your suggestion.