[digiKam-users] Printing - I need help!

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 20:01:59 BST 2018

Gilles
I have Debian 9 minimal with minimal Plasma desktop on top and Open with menu does not work there. I guess I am just missing some package.
As for the Windows version, I use 6.0.0 git downloaded around 1 month ago. Just an FYI. I actually don't see a point of have a google photos uploader because they ignore tags, etc. anyways. Flickr is better for that matter
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> Date: 2018-08-14  12:55 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: [digiKam-users] Printing - I need help!

Nothing major.It also depends on the OS. It works just like a native package on openSUSE TW KDE however on Debian:'Album' - 'Locate on disk' isn't working 'Open with' menu missing (blank)
This is due to not working KIOSlave under AppImage.
In fact KIOSlave use a lots of run-time... that i don't understand. It's just a big puzzle unsolvable for my poor brain.
So KIOslave support is just droppped from digiKam build for AppImage. That all.

I have also noticed that Export to Google Photos isn't working on Windows 10 (which is the same as the appimage I believe). It connects and uploads without mistakes but pictures never show up in Google Photos.

For this one, we working on. In fact the authentification to all web service switch all step by step to OAuth2. We have a students working this summer to port webservice tools to O2 mechanisms. This will arrive with next 6.0.0.
In fact i prepare the 6.0.0-beta1, but the last tunes are long to solve. Be patient...
Note : Under AppImage, the native file dialog do not work too, because, i don't bundle the library inside. This is true for Gnome and GTK based desktop. For Plasma, it's must work.
Bundling GTK will grow the AppImage size again and again. This si not the goal to reproduce all fine features from a complete Linux box here. After all, the offciail packagers exists for that. If your digiKam version is not up to date, ask to your distro packagers...