[digiKam-users] Printing - I need help!

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 19:55:08 BST 2018

> Nothing major.
> It also depends on the OS. It works just like a native package on openSUSE
> TW KDE however on Debian:
> 'Album' - 'Locate on disk' isn't working
> 'Open with' menu missing (blank)

This is due to not working KIOSlave under AppImage.

In fact KIOSlave use a lots of run-time... that i don't understand. It's
just a big puzzle unsolvable for my poor brain.

So KIOslave support is just droppped from digiKam build for AppImage. That
all.

> I have also noticed that Export to Google Photos isn't working on Windows
> 10 (which is the same as the appimage I believe). It connects and uploads
> without mistakes but pictures never show up in Google Photos.

For this one, we working on. In fact the authentification to all web
service switch all step by step to OAuth2. We have a students working this
summer to port webservice tools to O2 mechanisms. This will arrive with
next 6.0.0.

In fact i prepare the 6.0.0-beta1, but the last tunes are long to solve. Be
patient...

Note : Under AppImage, the native file dialog do not work too, because, i
don't bundle the library inside. This is true for Gnome and GTK based
desktop. For Plasma, it's must work.

Bundling GTK will grow the AppImage size again and again. This si not the
goal to reproduce all fine features from a complete Linux box here. After
all, the offciail packagers exists for that. If your digiKam version is not
up to date, ask to your distro packagers...