[digiKam-users] Printing - I need help!

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Aug 14 13:17:51 BST 2018

Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: UTF-8, 42 lines --]
>
> Why did you try to use a very old version of digiKam.

Because it's the version in my current Xubuntu distribution, 16.04 LTS.

> Last stable is 5.9.0. between 4.12.0, many years pass with plenty of fix.
>
> Use offcial digiKam 5.9.0 Linux AppImage bundle. It's a self contained
> executable. It don't install anything on your system. It's a stand alone
> packaging all that programm need.
>
> Download the file, turn file as executable, run it, and try again.

If I did that for everything I'd have a nightmare remembering when to
update things.  Unless Digikam can provide a means of automatically
updating itself then I'm afraid I'm stuck with the version in my
distribution.  Is there not a Digikam PPA?

That said I'll be updating to Xubuntu 18.04 LTS in the very near
future so I'll be getting a newer Digikam.

--
Chris Green
ยท