[digiKam-users] Option to disable writing Xmp.digiKam.ImageHistory to file?

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Sun Aug 5 18:32:15 BST 2018

Hello list,

I just noticed that digiKam 5.9.0 is writing the edit history of an image in the
Xmp-field "Xmp.digiKam.ImageHistory". Is there a way to disable this?

I have disabled "Non-Destructive Editing and Versioning" in my local setup and
the image edit history is of no use to me. So I would like to save this harddisc
space / backup-time. (It is only a few kilobytes per image, but several
thousands of images pile up a little amount.)

In "Configure digiKam..." -> "Metadata" -> "Behavior" you can enable/disable the
writing of image tags, ratings, captions, ... to the image file. So I would
search for a checkbox there, too:

   Write This Information to the Metadata:
       [ ] Image edit history

What do you think?
Should I file a feature request on bugs.kde.org for this?

Regards,
	Peter Albrecht