[digiKam-users] Want to show pictures with geocoding in Piwigo

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 11 06:33:36 BST 2018

On mardi 10 avril 2018 22:27:01 CEST Lutz Epperlein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I geocoded a bunch of my images and want to upload them afterwards in
> my Piwigo gallery. Uploading is fine so far, the edited titles and
> description are shown.
> But the location of the image isn't shown on the map. I have to do the
> geolocation again in Piwigo manually.
>
> Why isn't the geolocation exported to Piwigo? Am I do something wrong?
> This is with Digikam 5.9.0 on Linux.

First thing to do it to make sure your image files actually carry the
geolocation data, and under which tag names.

If they are present, but Piwigo doesn't read them, it might be that Piwigp
expects a different tag (or format) than Digikam writes, or that Piwigo refuses
to take the data from the image metadata.

I don't know if this is relevant:
https://github.com/xbgmsharp/piwigo-openstreetmap/issues/109

Remco