[digiKam-users] The future of 6.0.0 bundles and C++11 support...

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 21:34:48 BST 2018

Would it be possible to compile 32bit versions of digiKam 6+ at all? If it is possible but is too much work it might worth to try compiling 32bit version once in a while, e.g. 6.0.0. and then 6.9.0 or whichever is the last version in 6 series.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Dan Kaczor <djkarch at djkarch.com> Date: 2018-04-01  1:26 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: [digiKam-users] The future of 6.0.0 bundles and C++11 support...
Among the many reasons some of us have switched from Windows to Linux
was the ability to preserve older investments in computer hardware. We
have 6 computers currently in the house, only 2 are Windows, 1 is a
laptop with Windows x64. The other 4 computers are running 32 bit Linux
of various OS's. We also get donated old computers from people. We make
some simple refurbishments, install Linux (usually Mint 17+ or 18) and
put Digikam on all of them then give them to families and the elderly
who cannot afford computers.

So I vote not to drop Digikam 32 bits. Otherwise we will stop updating
Digikam at whatever version 32 bits support is ended.

Dan
Using Digikam since 2.5 (I think)