Open With menu in AppImage

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 15:48:26 BST 2017

> Gilles,
>
> I see. Is where a kde library I could install on a non KDE machine in
> order to make the open with menu defined by the system work?

A library is not enough to handle this feature. The application must be
compiled and linked with this library. It's optional in digiKam at
compilation time.

The AppImage is compiled with this option (and library included in the
bundle).

For more details, this is the list of digiKam dependencies :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam-software-compilation.git/tree/DEPENDENCIES

Look well on "remarks" column. The feature is handle by "knotifyconfig"
framework.

> Also, regarding that empty menu I sent you a screenshot of, it actually
> remembers previously used commands (paths). Is there a way to delete
> unwanted ones from the hystory? Let's say I made a typo typing
> /path/to/scritZ.sh instead of /path/to/script.sh. Can I make digikam forget
> that entry?

Hum, i don't know. Certainly something exists in KDE control panel, with
Application section, which is used to manage the mime types <> applications
associations. I don't know if this can be handle from CLI.