Copy metadata from one file to another

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 15:42:24 BST 2017

Hello,

I am to copy metadata from one file to another.

By "metadata" I mean all the information I add to an image in digiKam
(keywords, captions, star ratings, face regions, GPS coordinates, pick and
color labels.

I have used "exiftool -TagsFromFile FILE1(source) FILE2(destination) for
that but it is a prety slow workflow as well as copies all the metadata
incl. color space etc. which I don't want to copy.

I am wondering if anyone has already figured that out.
I don't think digikam can do that (it would be great if it could) but maybe
the batch processing tool with an external exiv2 script can.
Any ideas?

Best regards,
Andrey