digiKam crashing on every second or third XCF file - is there a config file I can modify?

Elle Stone ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com
Sat Oct 28 19:17:27 BST 2017

On 10/28/2017 01:40 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> The crash about XCF is a redondant problem, due to changes in XCF format.

Well, actually digiKam did crash on some older XCF files, just not on
all of them.

> The XCF image loader is delegate to KDE frameworks which provide the
> relevant plugin.

What software packages do I modify so that KDE frameworks does *not*
provide the relevant GIMP XCF plugin? It seems a shame that digiKam
crashes instead of just ignoring file formats that it can't open.

If KDE frameworks would completely ignore XCF files, I could add "xcf"
as a new file format, and digiKam would just show a blank thumbnail,
which would be great. Well, at least I'd be able to use digiKam to
browse to the XCF files, locate which is which using the "png sidecar"
files, and then open the actual XCF file from digiKam.

Best,
Elle