Artful Aardvark

maderios maderios at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 19:00:24 BST 2017

On 10/26/2017 07:34 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> My viewpoint, as developer, this permit to deploy quickly the
> application, as we can consideration suitable as well, with all
> components compiled with all optimizations to prevent all know problem.
>
> This permit to provide a beta version in few hours for testing and to
> check if problem reported as really fixed. This permit also to verify if
> a problem is relevant of application implementation, or relevant of
> packaging. We receive a lots of report due to packaging dysfunction.
> Packaging is complex and require a lots of tests. I cannot imagine how
> distro packager can release files quickly for a distro without any
> problem...
Hi
With Arch Linux distro  developers / users can easily build packages
with "makepkg'. It works for me.
Examples here:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/digikam-git/
Main efl/enlightemnent developer ('Rasterman') maintain these packages
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/efl-git/
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/enlightenment-git/

--
Maderios