Collections on usb disk

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at burnicki.net
Fri Nov 17 18:55:26 GMT 2017

jdd at dodin.org wrote:
> I forgot to plug the usb before launching digikam, and I had to stop
> digikam, plug, then restart digikam and now digikam is scanning the
> collection as a new one (probably more than 30 mn long, not ended yet)
>
> how could I warn digikam than these collections are on removable disk?
>
> thanks
> jdd

I think I remember that DK asked me if it should mark a collection as
"removable" when it was configured but the drive was not mounted when DK
started. Don't remember which DK version that was, though.

BTW, I found it strange that I could still see previews of images on the
removable drive, even if the drive was not connected at all.

Martin