Thumbnails not color-managed + severely distorted shadow tonality for thumbs, previews

Elle Stone ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com
Wed Nov 15 20:36:38 GMT 2017

On 11/15/2017 03:16 PM, Andrey Goreev wrote:
> Try to play with settings in the following tabs:
>
> Settings - Configure digiKam - Image - RAW Behavior
> Settings - Configure digiKam - Views - Preview

I set Views/Preview to "Preview shows the full image", and Views/Preview
Raw Images to "Raw data in half size". Though right now I'm not actually
looking at raw files, but rather at tiffs and pngs.

Under Image Editor - RAW Behavior, that's set to "Always open the Raw
Import Tool to customize settings", but again right now I'm not looking
at raw files.

Right now the issue is viewing linear gamma tiffs and pngs:

The previews are color-managed but have crushed shadow tonality, and the
smaller the displayed image, the worse the shadow tonality.

The thumbnails do not look color-managed - instead have a slight magenta
color cast. The posterized shadows are explained by the fact that the
thumbnails are 8-bit images.

--
http://ninedegreesbelow.com
Color management and free/libre photography