can't manipulate NEF files

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 03:57:46 GMT 2017

Your screenshot is not a dysfunction. You are in Raw import tool, and it's
not yet completed. You need to tune the demosaicing settings from right
sidebar panel and press Import button on the bottom.

If you want a full automatized import in editor, go to setup dialog in
editor.Raw section and disable the import tool stage.