32 bits digiKam bundles : still necessary ?

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Thu Nov 2 11:08:10 GMT 2017

Le 02/11/2017 à 11:52, Gilles Caulier a écrit :

> An last point : 32 bits systems become less and less used. My viewpoint
> is to promote 64 bits instead now.
>
> Users viewpoints are welcome.

I know this is the road to the future, but 32 bits computers are still
very numerous, it seems that there was 10 years ago a class of computers
extremely strong, when I see how many are still there.

I even have on my desk a quite new (one year old) windows computer with
64 bits processor... but a 32 bits windows, and reasonably fast, enough
for digikam, for sure.

I know openSUSE Tubleweed will keep a 32 bits version for some time,
Ubuntu may have a 32 bits LTS, Debian I don't know

if you could keep 32 bits for 2 years from now, I guess it could be
usefull, but it may not be really important to ad new features to this
version, only port the security patches

thanks for the great work!!

jdd

--