Baloo tags

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat May 27 21:22:07 BST 2017

Hi,

Baloo support is optional at compilation time. For AppImage this
option is not enabled because this make digiKam fully instable. This
is not the fault to digiKam code which is very small here, but the
Baloo component which is completely unsuitable since a very long time.
Al ot of reports have been written in bugzilla since KDE4 version on
digiKam and all move to Baloo team which have closed all files as
unmainted/unsupported or something like that.

The plan if this situation do not move on the right way is to drop
Baloo support in the future. We have no time to lost with kind of
component which make the application completely broken for user side.

Best