reset face recognition training data?

pbhj at alicious.com pbhj at alicious.com
Fri May 26 13:28:13 BST 2017

I notice there's an option to reset face recognition training data, I've
been using Digikam for several years is there any benefit in resetting
this data? Presumably it then uses recognised faces to "prime the pump",
or would I then be starting again from scratch? What will it keep (face
tags) and what gets discarded?

Perhaps I should inspect the recognition.db files to see if there's
anything amiss?

Thanks for any suggestions.

[Why do I want to do this? Basically to try and optimise the recognition
process as it appears to be very resource intensive at the moment.]