Questions

Louis A. Turk louisaturk at firmanelohim.org
Sat May 13 04:54:57 BST 2017

Hi Simon,

On 05/13/2017 12:54 AM, Simon Frei wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not quite following what you want to do, so the following might be off:
>
> 1. Folders are albums. If you want to ignore specific folders (i.e. they
> exist on your filesystem, but are not shown in digiKam), you can do so
> in the configuration under Database in the Ignore Directories tab.

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

> 2. What do you mean by queue?

Queue as created by Batch Queue Manager.

Group selected here does only what it
> says: It groups the items you selected. Groups are still visible both
> via tag or dates sidebar (just as a single item that can be expanded).

But no matter what group a photo is in it should be displayed when one
of its tags is clicked in the left panel, right? In my case they do not
display. And no new group was created so far as I can see. When I use a
file manager I can see that the files still exist, and I can even
display them with Linux Mint Mate Xviewer, but they do not display in
Digikam5. What must I do to make them display again?

The Batch Queue Manager chapter of the documentation is blank. So,
experimenting or asking on this forum seems to be the only way to learn,
though a little painful. Thanks for responding.

By the way, Digikam5 is impressive. I like it. It is the fastest way to
tag photos I've found.

drl