Kubuntu 17.04 Zesty

James Pirie jkp at bronyaur.co.uk
Mon May 8 21:44:32 BST 2017

Hi Erick,
 					Thanks for the reply.
Sadly I've tried the apt install digikam thing and I get errors:

/Unpacking digikam (4:5.4.0-0ubuntu3) ...
*dpkg:* error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/digikam_4%3a5.4.0-0ubuntu3_amd64.deb (--unpack):

Since my understanding of the innner workings of Linux are still in their infancy I cannot figure out what the issue is but suspect that previous versions of Digikam are interfereing with the installation? However, in contrast to that, I have previously had both version 4 and 5 installed at the same time without issues./

If Philip is in this list then perhaps he will get back to me eventually and let us know when to expect an update for Zesty which is, I think, the root of the problem.

As for the image files...well, I'm unsure of how to install using those? I donwloaded the correct file but it looks like it wants me to burn it to a CD or DVD? If I did this...what then?

Thanks for your interest in my problem though, It means a lot.

James