Using Digikam Database from Two (Linux) User Accounts

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 1 19:36:35 BST 2017

On lundi 1 mai 2017 20:00:11 CEST Helen wrote:
> >I'd suggest placing the database (and the photo collection) in a directory
> >where both accounts have write access (if both have to be able to modify
> >data).
>
> this question was similar to a question I've had, and your answer might
> solve my problem as well as Rainer's.  How do you
> put the database in a directory?  I'm not wanting a second access, I'm just
> wondering how to back up the database somewhere
> in case I lose my original (via computer crash or other unfortunate
> incident).
> Thanks much
> Helen
IF you are using SQLite as the database engine, the digikam databases are
three ordinary files:
- digikam4.db
- recognition.db
- thumbnails-digikam.db
These can be copied like any other file.
To be safe, I make sure I have no Digikam running when backing up the files
(not sure what happens if one if the databases is changed during file copy, and
I'd rather not find out the hard way).

Remco