What can the pixls.us photographic community help DigiKam?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 19:13:31 GMT 2017

> Greetings DigiKam Users,
>

> Thank you for making such a fantastic application and congrats on the
> 5.5.0 release!
>
> My name is Mica and I'm a community member over at https://pixls.us. We
> promote free software for photographers.
>
> We have a forum at https://discuss.pixls.us where we are already
> providing official support for RawTherapee, G'MIC, and Rapid Photo
> Downloader, but we're willing to host any discussion around FOSS
> photography applications. We can setup a category for digikam as well if
> you're interested, though we understand if you have your own infrastructure.
>
> I also read you're in need of a new website/web admin. If the project is
> interested in moving away from Drupal and to a static site generator, we'd
> be willing to assist in that project as well. Pat David recently helped
> GIMP migrate to a new static site. Looking at the DigiKam website, I don't
> see too much dynamic content.

Right for the requirement. A new web site must be planed quickly (dixit KDE
team request about security issues with old Drupal 6)

You propose something about a static web site, so without a CMS. What's
about the story of the site. All will be lost ?

What do you propose as technical details for this static web site ? Where
it will be hosted ? Did you have any example already done ?

Best

Gilles Caulier

PS : I would like digiKam users imply a little bit with this topic as it
can be managed without complexity. Web site is not like the one million of
C++ code lines from digiKam...